Welcome to Season 2018
Online registration is a mandated requirement. A payment (credit card/debit card only) is required to complete the process.
- U6-14 Players: Numbers of teams will be based on numbers of players registered by 04 Feb 18. After this date players are not guaranteed a position and will be allocated on a first come basis. Once teams are fully subscribed the age group will be closed.
- New players only: Proof of age (birth certificate or passport) needs to be sighted. This can be done by providing a copy/scan/photo sent in by email/txt or in person at the club.
- U15-17: Please send an email to email@example.com to register interest. After the decision on teams is made the registration will be opened.
- Gear Collection Days: will be held on 10 Feb 18 (1pm to 4pm) and 11 Feb 18 (2pm to 4pm). This date may change if the 2018 gear has not been delivered.
- Playing Gear: Clothing will be available at the Gear Collection days or at the club once training commences.
2018 FEE SCHEDULE
Discounts apply per child when paid in full. No family discounts apply due to each child being eligible for a discount when paid in full.
- U6-14 Full Season Junior Player (discounted full payment): Total = $315
- U6-14 Full Season Junior Player (payment plan): Total = $350
- U6-14 Full Season Junior Player (Get Started Voucher): Total = $165
- U15-17 Half Season Junior Player: Total = $150
- Pony Club (Tots Development Program): Free
- Junior Gallopers (Inclusive Program): Free
- Each transaction will incur a 1.88% transaction fee
- Be advised that if you open or already have a St George Bank Complete Freedom Account and provide the 9 digit account number a $60 rebate will be applied to that account.
Please note: if you select a payment schedule, the options will include 2, 3 or 4 payments. The first payment will include all the upline fees and transaction fees. Subsequent payments will be evenly disbursed. Payments will be deducted from your account on the 16th of each month.
All fees in the structured scale include insurance coverage, affiliation fees and levies, training shirt, laminated team photo (u6-14) and a pennant for Under 6 to 9 players. Team Trophies are provided for Under 10 to 14 teams.
Club shorts and socks are compulsory uniform and are available for purchase from the merchandise shop. Playing Jerseys are provided on a team basis.
A full refund is only available prior to participation in a scheduled match. After participation in a scheduled match the fee is not refundable.
2018 KEY DATES
First Training Nights:
- U10-17 – 21 Feb
- U6 – 9 – 23 Mar
- U10-14 – 11 Mar
- U15-17 (Season 1) – 23 Apr
- U6-9 – 21 Apr
- U15-17 (Season 2) – 28 Jul
- U6-9 – 11 Aug
- U10-11 – 19 Aug
- U12 – 26 Aug
- Grand Final u15-17(Season 1) – 23 Jun
- Grand Final u13-17 (Season 2 – 16 Sep
- 01 Sep
Q GRANT “GET STARTED” VOUCHERS
- Get Started Vouchers is a government sponsored program designed to help young people participate in sport. GPS Rugby is a registered club.
- Eligible applicants are Queensland children and young people aged from 5 to 17 (inclusive) who either:
- hold or whose parent, carer or guardian hold a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it; or
- are identified by a registered referral agent.
- Next round will open on 24 January 2018. For further information visit: https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/getinthegame/getstarted/
- If you have a get started voucher, please contact the junior registrar to arrange registration.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
To be eligible for Registration each player or their guardian or parent must:
- Complete the registration in full.
- In the case of New Players provide for sighting, Date of Birth verification such as an original Birth certificate, Current passport or Current Driver’s License.
- Pay all fees.
A parent/guarding completes the registration on the understanding that they will, and that they will encourage their families to:
- Accept the determinations of the Club in appointment of Coaches, Team Officials and in the structuring of teams.
- Respect and abide by the respective Rugby Codes of Ethics as it applies to players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators as set out by RA, QRU, BJRU and/or the Club.
- Accept the Club’s policies, including consenting to children being photographed and/or filmed whilst playing or training. Where a parent/guardian has safety concerns with family court matters, can request that their child not be videoed or photographed, and this will take precedence over photo and video permission.
- Participate, where possible, in Team rosters as determined by the Club.
In addition to those responsibilities described in the Code of Conduct, families are required to:
- Advise the club of any injuries sustained outside of the club especially concussion.
- Arrive punctually for training sessions, and advise managers of absences in advance where possible.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the game or as the Coach / Manager directs, to ensure warm up time is available. The draw, results, points tables and Ground Locations are available at http://www.bjru.com.au/ (please ensure the draw is checked after 5pm Friday for any changes).
- Notify Manager / Coach if a player is unable to attend games, thus enabling time to organise a replacement, or alternate plan. Remember: if you can’t make it, but the player is available, the team will organise for pick up and return. Ring the Manager or Coach.
- Attend as required when rostered team duties including field set-up and field marshals Note: Team Managers will be notified of team rosters, and are expected to call on all families in the team. At least one and possibly more team rosters for the year will be required.
- Take pride in club fields and clubhouse surrounds. As players are leaving the club facilities, encourage them to pick up paper and other refuse and deposit it in rubbish bins. This applies on both training nights and game days.
2018 AGE GROUPS
(MUST HAVE TURNED FIVE TO REGISTER) (players can play up one year)
UNDER 6 – BORN IN 2012 or 2013
UNDER 7 – BORN IN 2011
UNDER 8 – BORN IN 2010
UNDER 9 – BORN IN 2009
UNDER 10 – BORN IN 2008
UNDER 11 – BORN IN 2007
UNDER 12 – BORN IN 2006
UNDER 13 – BORN IN 2005
UNDER 14 – BORN IN 2004
UNDER 15 – BORN IN 2003
UNDER 16 – BORN IN 2002
UNDER 17 – BORN IN 2001
RUGBYLINK ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM
Download the registration app (search rugby au) if phone is the preferred means or use the links at the bottom of the page.
- Please ensure that the email addresses provided are the ones you want information sent to.
- Please be aware there is a compulsory data collection process re height and weight for Rugby AU.
- The following self-help guide, and video guide is available if you are having difficulty navigating the process:
GPS JUNIOR RUGBY CONTACTS
- Junior Registrar – Ph: 0423 217 907 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Manager – Ph: 0410 531 308 email: email@example.com
- Office – Ph: 07 33661266